torstai 9. toukokuuta 2013

Where the dew drops cry and the cats meow (Spinal Tap - Stonehedge)

It's some kind of Jesus day (don't bother to check out the details) and the shops are closed.

Didn't do much the whole day. Shuttled between books, fridge, computer and television.

Went running. Did my usual route four times and it was very easy.

Read rather famous Finnish musician Kauko Röyhkä's new musings from his Facebook page where he picks up a topic that too often people listen to single songs from iPad instead of entire albums and compares it to reading excerpts of a book instead of cover to cover. I can see his point. I do both, but these days I prefer listening to songs randomly from my computer, my walkman or you tube whatever. Sure, when I buy an album, I listen to it, song by song, concentrate on the music, on the lyrics, the whole deal. But I'm in the phase of downloading my physical album collection to computer and really fucken enjoy listen to the entire collection in disorder, if a cool tune comes up, I'll pump up the volume, read the lyrics and maybe then listen to the other songs of the album as well. And on the other hand, if a song of not that good calibre comes up, I'll skip it immediately and most likely delete it as well.

I like the book referance too. I'm a weird book reader. Love 'em to death, but honest to god, I'm always reading something like thirty books at the same time. I have books in my bed room, in the living room, in the toilet, in the kitchen, I sometimes bring a book in the sauna, I read what's in close vicinity and start reading where I left off. Reading too many novels at the same time is a bit too confusing, but not impossible. I sometimes buy a book, read a few chapters, like it alright, put it in the bookshelf, forget it there for few years and start reading it again.

And now that I think of it, it's the same with movies and television series too. With Netflix, it's easy, I'm wholly comfortable keeping unfinished movies there. I continue watching them when I feel like it.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti